SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY LAWYERS IN AUBURN, ALABAMA
Has your Social Security disability claim been denied? Have you recently suffered from an injury or fallen ill? Are you wondering whether you qualify for disability? Ludlum & King, LLC is a disability law firm in Auburn, Alabama that may be able to assist you with the Social Security disability appeals process. Social Security disability programs are administered by the Social Security Administration and are designed to provide support for people living with disabilities. Benefits can include monthly cash stipends, food stamps, and access to Medicaid to cover doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, and other medical needs.
When it comes to accessing these benefits, sometimes individuals encounter roadblocks, either in the application process or because their application has been denied. Some of our clients come to us only after their Social Security disability application has been denied, while other clients come to us after they have become disabled to receive assistance with their Social Security disability application process.
Ludlum & King, LLC is a disability attorney in Auburn, Alabama who can assist you with:
· Applying for Social Security disability
· Helping you understand the requirements for SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
· Assisting you with putting together an application for SSDI or SSI
· Appealing a denied SSDI or SSI claim
· Appealing a denied VA disability claim or appealing the disability rating you have been assigned
These are just some of the ways the disability law firm of Ludlum & King, LLC in Auburn, Alabama may be able to help. Our disability attorneys can take the time to review your situation, help you understand which Social Security disability program you may qualify for, and assist you with your application or appeal. When it comes to the appeals process, you may only have a limited amount of time to appeal a denied Social Security disability application. Contact the Ludlum & King, LLC disability lawyer in Auburn, Alabama today.
ARE YOU DISABLED? DO YOU QUALIFY FOR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY IN AUBURN, ALABAMA?
The Social Security Administration’s requirements for Social Security disability benefits are quite strict. If you have recently become disabled or are wondering whether you qualify for Social Security disability benefits, Ludlum & King, LLC is a Social Security lawyer in Auburn, Alabama who may be able to review your medical records and your case as well as help you understand which programs you might qualify for and the next steps in the process. Who qualifies for Social Security disability? In order to qualify for SSDI, individuals must meet the following criteria:
· The individual must show that he or she cannot work and cannot perform light duty or work in another field.
· The individual must show that the disability is likely to be permanent or will last at least one year.
· In order to qualify for SSDI, an individual must have amassed sufficient work credits. SSDI, or Social Security Disability Insurance, works in a similar manner to insurance programs. In order to qualify for this insurance, you must pay into the system. The way the Social Security Administration determines whether you have paid into the system is by checking your “work credits.” Work credits can change depending on the year being evaluated, but according to the Social Security website, in 2019, one work credit is awarded for every $1,360 in wages earned. Generally, to qualify for SSDI, a worker must have worked for 10 years in order to earn sufficient work credits. However, there may be exceptions to this rule. For example, if you are too young to have worked ten years, or if you have a qualifying condition, you may be able to earn SSDI without having the 10 years’ worth of work credits. Have questions? Many people do. The Social Security Administration’s system for determining whether you qualify can be confusing. Ludlum & King, LLC is an SSDI lawyer in Auburn, Alabama who can review your work history and help you understand whether you qualify for SSDI.
Even if you don’t qualify for SSDI, you may still qualify for SSI (Supplemental Security Income), a program designed to help those with limited income who may not have sufficient work credits to qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance. Ludlum & King, LLC is a Social Security disability law firm in Auburn, Alabama who can review the details of your situation and help you understand which program you might qualify for. While it is possible to apply for either program without the assistance of a lawyer, some individuals choose to hire a disability attorney to help them navigate the process.
DOES MY DISABILITY QUALIFY ME FOR SSDI?
Not all disabled individuals will qualify for SSDI, and not all illnesses and disabilities are covered by SSDI. Basically, your disability must be permanent (or will last longer than one year) and must be severe enough to prevent you from performing all work. The Social Security Administration publishes a list of qualifying conditions. However, sometimes individuals may have certain conditions listed, but their symptoms are not severe enough to warrant complete and total disability. Other individuals may have progressive illnesses that have not yet reached a stage that will warrant total disability. Do you qualify for SSDI? Every case is unique, and it largely depends on the evidence you present during the application or appeals process. Ludlum & King, LLC is a Social Security disability claims lawyer in Auburn, Alabama who may be able to assist you with your claim or appeals process. Many Social Security disability claims are denied the first time around but are later approved during the appeals process. If you have received a denied claim, you may only have 60 days from the receipt of your denial letter to appeal the denial. Ludlum & King, LLC is a Social Security disability benefits lawyer in Auburn, Alabama who may be able to assist you with the appeals process.
APPEALING A DENIED SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY BENEFITS APPLICATION IN AUBURN, ALABAMA
Social Security disability applications can be denied for a host of reasons. Sometimes individuals do not provide sufficient medical evidence to support total disability in the application. Other times, disability applications are denied for technical reasons. Information is either missing or incomplete. In other cases, you may not have the required work credits to qualify for SSDI. The SSDI law firm at Ludlum & King, LLC in Auburn, Alabama can review your application, identify any missing information, help you gather the evidence you need to support your application, and help you navigate the SSDI appeals process.
If your Social Security disability application has been denied, you may only have 60 days from the time you receive your denial letter to appeal your claim. When appealing your claim, you have the right in Alabama to take your denial to an administrative law judge. And, if your claim is denied at this level, you may also have the right to appeal your case with higher courts. Ludlum & King, LLC is an Auburn, Alabama Social Security disability benefits law firm that may be able to assist you with navigating the Social Security disability benefits appeals process.
SSDI BENEFITS EXPLAINED
What is included with SSDI benefits? If you have recently become disabled, you may be facing a range of new challenges. You may be facing unexpected medical costs, out of work and struggling to pay bills, and wondering how you will put food on the table. SSDI benefits can help you navigate life after a disability. What might be included?
· Cash Benefits. SSDI benefits include a monthly stipend to cover rent and other costs.
· Medicaid or Medicare. When you qualify for SSDI, you may become covered under Medicaid, which can cover medical care, prescriptions, doctor’s visits, and other medical services you might need.
· Food Stamps. If you are struggling to pay for food, SSDI can also include food stamps benefits.
If you don’t qualify for SSDI, but qualify for SSI, you may also be entitled to receive some, or all, of the above benefits. Ludlum & King, LLC is an SSDI benefits lawyer in Auburn, Alabama who may be able to assist you with applying for benefits, appealing a denied claim, and navigating the Social Security Administration application and appeals process.
SSDI (SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY INSURANCE) VERSUS SSI (SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INSURANCE)
The Social Security Administration handles two major programs that provide disability benefits to disabled Americans: SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and SSI (Supplemental Security Income). SSDI works like an insurance policy. If you have worked long enough and have amassed sufficient work credits, you can qualify for SSDI. SSI, however, is designed to assist those who may not have sufficient work credits or those who are low-income and are disabled who may need additional help. If you have questions about which program you qualify for, consider speaking to Ludlum & King, LLC, an SSDI law firm in Auburn, Alabama, who may be able to assist you.
VETERANS DISABILITY LAW FIRM IN LEE COUNTY ALABAMA
If your veteran’s disability application has been denied, or if your disability rating is not what you expected it would be, or if you believe your rating should be higher, Ludlum & King, LLC is a veterans disability law firm in Auburn, Alabama that may be able to assist you with the appeals process. You have the right to appeal a denied VA claim. Ludlum & King, LLC is a veterans disability lawyer who may be able to help you with your claim. In order to appeal a denied VA claim or to appeal your disability rating, you will be required to submit a Notice of Disagreement. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the rules for filing an appeal have recently been changed, and the rules can change at any time. Contact Ludlum & King, LLC, a veterans disability lawyer in Auburn, Alabama, today to learn more about your rights and options if your disability application has been denied or if you are not satisfied with your disability rating.